Diamonds International

a href="http://click.linksynergy.com/fs-bin/click?id=B4Lz5MsiOcI&offerid=64878.10000394&type=4&subid=0">Coupons and Promotions Banner 468 x 60

About Me

My photo
Mother of three, one girl and two boys.

Followers

Floyd's Wife Delores

Floyd's Wife Delores
Holding me 1956

In the Beginning

In the Beginning
Floy,Mary Ann,Kathryn,Me,Mama,Daddy and Skippy

Dakota

Dakota
Little Rebels

Daddy and Butch

Daddy and Butch
1960 Rte 116

Cafe Brit!!

>a href="http://click.linksynergy.com/fs-bin/click?id=B4Lz5MsiOcI &offerid=125531.10000145&type=4&subid=0"> Cafe Britt Holiday Specials

One Travel

ONETRAVEL.COM

Enterprise!!

Hybrid 468x60

Diamonds International!!

Coupons and Promotions Banner 468 x 60

July 24, 2010

A Newer Beginning

On Feb 6th 2010 Kelvin was involved in a police chase ending 2 blocks from our house. He ended up going up over a post and hitting the police car who was chasing him for DWI. He continued to try to get away when the officer had his head in the window. A ticket for assaulting a police officer, DWI, and possessing a pound of Marijuana they found displayed in plain view on the back seat of the Jeep Cherokee he was driving. He was arrested and sentenced to 12 years in prison.

On February 17th I filed for divorce. Court date being set for May 3rd. I made
arrangements to have that day off from work. I waited in the hallway for my lawyer to arrive and when she did we talked over what to expect. I sat quietly in the courtroom, waiting for my name to be called thinking this would be it. The judge would grant me the divorce right then and there and restore my name of Dennis back to me.
My name was finally called and the judge opened a book with a yellow sheet of prison stationary from Kelvin. He had written to the judge stating I would not let him see Dakota and that I was withholding items he wanted and would not let his daughter, Vallie Rose, pick up his things. Actually Vallie Rose had come the week after his arrest in February and got most of his things except his clothes. He also stated that I had blocked my phone number so he couldn't talk to Dakota, which was another lie, I did not have my phone number blocked it was shut off by ATT for non payment. For this reason the judge set another court date for June 3rd. I had to wait another month to regain my freedom from a man I had been married to for almost 17 yrs and rarely saw.
On June 3rd after making arrangements to have that day off as well, the judge granted me custody of Dakota, my maiden name and his dog. I had to give the new bbq grill I had bought him for Father's Day last year, 2009 back, but after 12 years what condition would it be in? The lawyer brought that to my attention. Vallie hasn't been back to get his stuff since February. The Fourth of July was coming up so I told Jennifer she and Eric could "borrow" it for their cookout. Afterall the judge said daughter but didn't specify which daughter and Jennifer was his step-daughter.
I was behind on everything. I couldn't pay the rent, without Kelvin's help I was barely able to keep the utilities on. The brakes that Kelvin "had fixed" in the Fall of 2008 were a mess and I had to have the car fixed which cost me 500.00 the amount of March's rent which was 550.00 I couldn't pay. The rent check bounced and the landlord threatened to kick me out, and have me prosecuted.
I wrote him an e mail decribing my difficulties and he wrote back and said for me to pay what I could until the amount due was paid. Impossibilty since every month adding another 550.00 and I was still trying to figure out how I was going to pay April's rent with July looming and now going toward August.
I finally called Cable and had a bundle added to my account of phone, internet and tv. Much cheaper for all three then having separate bills. Still that is over 100.00 to one company, plus the title loan on my car, and the utilities and 3 loans I had taken out when Kelvin wouldn't help me with the rent the previous year.
Now I sit and wait, single and alone, trying to care for a 15 yr old boy in highschool, no car insurance, hoping the landlord doesn't come by or an officer elling me I have a week to get out with no money to rent a new place, Fall is approaching then Winter. School starts in about a month, the middle of August and haven't any idea how I will manage that.
I signed up for the food stamp program in April and receive 168.00 a month in food benefits but no cash to help with rent and bills.
I still have my job, utilities takes most of that and household supplies, gas for the car etc..
Not sure how this is going to turn out. I have sold my 55 gallon fish aquarium but when I deposited that to go with what I had left of my check I have 142.00 left and 20.00 left in savings. Poor and getting poorer in good old St Joe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Family Reunion 1961

Family Reunion 1961
All 13 of Us Together

Terre

Terre
Denton Ks 1977

Chuck and Jenny 1983

Chuck and Jenny 1983

Jenny

Jenny
Graduation Day 1991

Our Wedding Picture 1993

Our Wedding Picture 1993
A New Beginning

Dakota 1995

Dakota 1995

Chief

Chief
1995

Chief and Beavis

Chief and Beavis
Playing when Chief was a Puppy

Bullet

Bullet
Darlene and Bullet